Our God-sized Dream Team is winding down it’s intentional Tuesday postings but the team is still going strong and really, anyone is welcome to come grab a God-sized dream and dream along with us! Holley Gerth’s book You Were Made for a God-sized Dream is an excellent resource to get you started on the path towards your dream, or perhaps figuring out what it might look like to have a dream. Way back at the beginning of this journey I laid out a serious piece of craziness on my old blog. We only had to share one dream we had…I kinda let it all hang out.
I am one of these weird people with multiple ideas, passions, talents and places I want to go in my life. Writing just one dream didn’t seem to fit for me…so I put it all out on the blog, you can read the original post HERE. This is an update of what’s happened since this journey began. I only write it out here so you can stand amazed with me. Sometimes we forget that God is actually moving unless we put a signpost up and look back at where we’ve come from.
At this moment I am sitting beside baskets of laundry that have been waiting to be folded for days…I have to get ready for another four day stint in the city with kids…figure out how to get kid #6 from point A to point B and decide what kind of supper we can eat that will accommodate baseball games, home-bound peeps and the man out in the field…but right now, I want to give a moment to point at my Saviour who is walking me down a road, slowly, that is taking me towards dreams that I had never dared to breathe out…
1. Debt-freedom – this is obviously going to be a long, hard walk of obedience in one direction. We had to take a little
2×4 to the head encouragement from our financial adviser to get back on track using the Crown Mvelopes system of budgeting. I encourage you to go take a look at it if you’re struggling to get your finances under control. We love it…we just have to learn to use it more effectively!
2. The family travelling band – we aren’t travelling just yet, except to church, but we launched our family worship band this month!! So excited about that, a little nerve-wracking, but exciting!
3. International adoption – this desire is still strong and it might be our kids who end up doing it! Our daughter discovered her dream – to found an orphanage to take care of homeless children in their country of origin! (that was such a good day!!)
4. Freedom for our RAD son – God literally dropped us into the path of a counselling team that we are praying will be the key to unlock our son’s heart. We started with them last week.
5. Homeschool all the kids – We felt God moving us toward doing this for fall. We signed up 5 out of the 6 for a cyber school program. We are still seeking God’s heart for #6.
6. Encouraging other parents in similar situations to ours – I was able to attend a seminar on Stuck kids, a little more training to add to the pile.
7. Teaching/speaking – I led a Bible study this spring based on Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman
8. That book thing – I’ve made progress in writing the novel that’s been swimming in my head, it is taking shape…slowly!!
9. Something to sell that I’ve designed – in the course of these last six months I was able to develop a product, Button Beauties – custom handmade dolls, and have even sold some…now for that marketing bit…salesmanship is really low on my list!
10. Owning my own little tea shop – this one is on the shelf indefinitely
11. My own WordPress site – TADA!!!!
12. The garage reno/house update – I had to watch this one fly away for this year, that hurt…our house in the city (the one we rent out) needs extensive work and insurance won’t cover it, so pushing pause on this
13. Self-sustaining farm – we planted the garden this week…that’s about as far as we are
14. The holiday – did that!!! We went on a cruise in March
That’s it, for now…still looks crazy to me. Some dreams have come to fruition, some are sitting on a shelf, some have gone beyond my grasp and some are in the formative stages. Please, won’t you tell me your dream? Comment here and be entered to win that beautiful bracelet I showed on yesterday’s post!!