My word for 2015 was RECLAIM. Perhaps it should have been OBSTACLES, because that is what this year has felt like, one obstacle after another!
I am quite thrilled to close the books on this year and begin a new chapter.
Perhaps, OVERCOME could be added to the list of words for this year.
- Josiah overcame high school, graduated and went on to a discipleship school. These are excellent choices and we are so thankful for the young man that he is becoming.
- We have seen Christopher persevere in a challenging relationship, recognizing some of the obstacles he faces and choosing to walk towards overcoming them.
- Abby continues to take life head on with a job, dance, piano, senior pom team and school.
- Samuel, Sasha and Elizabeth have overcome the rigours of long division, ancient Egypt, Morocco and various other topics as we continue to overcome obstacles in home education.
- The renovation to our city home moves on slowly but surely. This reclamation project has been fraught with obstacles. We are looking forward to the day that we invite you in and enjoy some quiet living down there. As I speak Kelly and Josiah are continuing to move things forward, it has been a joy to hear them working together through the floor boards this Christmas season.
- While the farm faced significant obstacles due to breakdowns and uncooperative weather we were able to get an average crop off, not stellar, but not horrible either. Now we pray for durum prices to rise so we don’t lose money on that!
My personal obstacles have mostly been health related; mental, emotional, spiritual and physical. In October I went to Allume and there I felt like the Lord was pointing me toward a convergence. Things coming together, the fog lifting and pieces falling into place.
Of course it would have been lovely if that had happened instantaneously but reclamation is not a quick process. The labour of peeling back what was there to reveal the raw product underneath is tedious and time-consuming, but absolutely necessary to getting the end result you really want, just ask anyone who has ever refinished a piece of furniture!
I got myself into a coaching relationship, purchased a beautiful planner from iBloom that came along with a virtual retreat aimed at coaching through the process of visioning, goal making and setting a course for success. You can access that retreat with or without the planner by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post. It’s a free resource and one I highly recommend.
All this coaching and the myriad books that I’ve read this year have pointed me in one very sharp direction. They: the books, speakers, coaches, podcasts and the retreats I’ve attended have all said the same things in a variety of ways:
- don’t be afraid of hard work
- set a bull’s eye
- search out the best yes
- do what you love
- do what you’re called to
- figure out what you’re called to do and do it
- be intentional
- live with purpose
- quit procrastinating
- have a plan
- take care of yourself
Yes, all those themes really say the same thing: EMBRACE INTENTIONAL LIVING.
That’s my theme for this year, EMBRACE INTENTIONAL LIVING. If I had to narrow it down to one word – INTENTION.
I have been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, wing-it, spontaneous kind of girl, and for the most part, that has worked well. Except it isn’t anymore. I am closing in on the half-century mark and I want to make sure that the steps I’m taking will take me toward a goal that is one that the Holy Spirit and I agree is for this season.
What this intentional living will look like for my blog, for business and the day to day stuff I am working through. I hope you’ll journey with me in 2016. I am sure that more of God’s crazy grace will be in order.
What about you? Do you have a ONE WORD or a THEME for this year? I would love to hear about it.
One thing that I know will be a focus and priority under the ‘getting spiritually healthy’ category will be spending time in the WORD. Over and over again I see that this is absolutely necessary for healthy spiritual living and intimacy with the Father. There are a ton of great resources out there like First 5, Living Proof Ministries, Proverbs 31 Ministries and so many others. Below are a few links of places that I’m planning to take some guidance from, click the links to find some helpful things.
Kayse Pratt’s “His Word in Our Hearts” – daily Bible reading, writing and memorization – FREE!
** there are all kinds of great resources here, printables, community, etc.!
Holy Experience – a beautiful 8×10 printable to keep your plan in front of you – FREE!
** tons of beautiful printables if these are the way you like to do things
Southern Melle – Goal Planning Sheets – FREE!
Let’s journey together shall we.
2016 here we come…